Churches
 
 
History

School in the Hatleys

Prisoners of war
at East Hatley

Rent day at ‘The Cat'

 

Quick links

Latest
Buses, trains and taxis
Planning news
Postal rates
Site map

 

Did you know that...

By Ishbel Beatty

A vicar of East Hatley and Tadlow in the 1890s used to cycle to Cambridge to put his watch to the right time and then adjust the church clock accordingly.

A stone head of Queen Victoria is carved as a stop at the base of the south door arch at Hatley St George church.

An oak tree next to the telephone box on the Gamlingay/Croydon road at East Hatley was planted to mark the accession of Queen Elizabeth II to the throne in 1952.

24 wooden shields in Hatley St George’s church were painted with armorial bearings of the St. George and Cotton families in the 17th century.

Gamlingay Gazette, May 1994



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Copyright 2004-2017 - This website is run by the Hatley Website Group on behalf of Hatley Parish Council with funding assistance from South Cambridgeshire District Council