Hatley – Hatley St George
Hatley St George church is a Chapel of Ease in the Parish of Gamlingay, which puts it one notch down from being a parish church – however, it can be used for christenings, weddings and funerals.
Services have been rescheduled following the coronavirus pandemic ‘lock-out’ from two to one per month, on the first Sunday:
- Sunday, 1st August / 8.00 am – Book of Common Prayer (BCP) Communion.
- Sunday, 5th September / 8.00 am – Book of Common Prayer (BCP) Communion.
- Sunday, 3rd October / 8.00 am – Book of Common Prayer (BCP) Communion.
Priest-in-Charge Hilary Young – contact her on 01767 650 587 / email@example.com.
- Hatley St George church can be opened by obtaining the key from the farmhouse opposite.
Always open, of course, are these web pages:
- Hatley St George church – The Chapel of St James the Greater.
- The organ in Hatley St George church.
- Photo gallery – Hatley St George church.
- St Mary’s, Gamlingay.
Hatley – East Hatley
St Denis’, East Hatley, is a redundant church set in a ‘live’ graveyard (under the auspices of the diocese).
Life, and death, are not without rules, hence… Churchyard regulations for graves – Diocese of Ely’s guide for families and next-of-kin.
The building is now owned by the Friends of Friendless Churches – until the FoFC is able to complete its restoration project, it is not normally open… however, if you’d like to look round, please ring keyholder Peter Mann on 01767 651 115 (social distancing rules apply, of course).
Gamlingay – St Mary’s
- Details of services of worship in St Mary’s are on the church’s website.
Page created 25 January 2019 and updated on 26th July 2021. ▲