Hatley – Hatley St George
Hatley St George church is a Chapel of Ease in the Parish of Gamlingay, which puts it one notch down from being a parish church – however, it can be used for christenings, weddings and funerals.
- Sunday, 28th May / 8.00 am / Hatley St George church. Pentecost (Whit Sunday) – Book of Common Prayer (BCP) Communion.
Revd. Hilary Young – 01767 650 587 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Hatley St George church
- Online giving: as noted in the St Mary’s newsletter, dated 7th April 2023, St Mary’s Gamlingay carries the financial commitment for the Hatleys, which is incorporated into the parish; your donation goes to the Parochial Church Council.
- Hatley St George church – The Chapel of St James the Greater.
- The organ in Hatley St George church.
- Hear the organ being played in Hatley St George church – Ave Maria (the Gounod/Bach setting) – Mike Roberts of Two Lads and a Laptop with cellist Nick Ingles.
- Photo gallery – Hatley St George church.
Visiting Hatley St George church
- The church is normally locked – if you would like to look round, the key can be obtained from the farmhouse opposite.
The address is
Hatley St George church
Hatley St George
TL TL 27742 51126
Grid reference link
Plus code 4VV8+F3 Sandy
What three words launched.collected.sifts
Website Hatley St George church
Hatley – East Hatley
St Denis’, East Hatley, is a redundant church, now owned by the Friends of Friendless Churches and set in a ‘live’ graveyard – which is under the auspices of the Diocese of Ely. The church is not used for services.
- Life, and death, are not without rules, hence… Churchyard regulations for graves – the Diocese of Ely’s guide for families and next-of-kin.
- The building is opened every day from around 8.30 am to dusk for anyone to look round, for quiet contemplation. The churchyard, which is also a Local Nature Reserve, is owned by Ely diocese.
- St Denis’ website.
Visiting St Denis’ church, East Hatley
St Denis’ is open every day from around 8.30 am to dusk for anyone to look round, for quiet contemplation and (at some point) for events – see St Denis’ church: it’s future.
The address is
St Denis’ church
TL 28522 50513
Grid reference link
Plus code 4VQG+5H Sandy
What three words slightly.beanbag.pins
Website St Denis’ church
There’s also this handy visitor guide – 39 things about St Denis’ / A5, 4 pp, March 2023.
Gamlingay – St Mary’s
The church is usually open from 10.00 am to 5.00 pm every day. The space is available for prayer, meditation or to look around and enjoy the building.
- Details of services of worship in St Mary’s are on the church’s website.
- Online giving: donate to St Mary’s, Gamlingay.
- Weekly newsletter.
St Mary’s Church
Plus code 5R37+X3 Sandy
What three words brothers.merely.ranged
Website St Mary’s, Gamlingay
Revd. Hilary Young – on 01767 650 587 / email@example.com
Gamlingay – Baptist church
The church is open every Sunday from 10.00 to 10.30 am for a simple time of traditional hymns, readings and prayer. ‘This’, says its website, ‘is a time for those who prefer the more traditional hymns to come and lift your voices together.’ The main service starts at 10.45 am; communion is on the first Sunday of every month.
- The Backroom Café is open every Monday from 9.00 am to 3.00 pm for coffee, a variety of teas and cakes – all for free. The café also has free WiFi (good if you want to do some work!).
Gamlingay Baptist Church
Plus code 5R25+JC Sandy
What three words songbird.grounding.peroxide
Website Gamlingay Baptist Church
Rev Adrian Semerene – 01767 651 519 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Page created 25 January 2019 and updated on 12th May 2023. ▲