Hatley – Hatley St George
Hatley St George church is a Chapel of Ease in the Parish of Gamlingay, which puts it one notch down from being a parish church – however, it can be used for christenings, weddings and funerals.
Services have been rescheduled following the coronavirus pandemic ‘lock-out’ from two to one per month, on the first Sunday:
- Sunday, 3rd October / 8.00 am – Book of Common Prayer (BCP) Communion.
- Sunday, 7th November / 8.00 am – Book of Common Prayer (BCP) Communion.
Priest-in-Charge Revd. Hilary Young – contact her on 01767 650 587 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hatley St George church can be opened by obtaining the key from the farmhouse opposite.
Always open, of course, are these web pages:
- Hatley St George church – The Chapel of St James the Greater.
- The organ in Hatley St George church.
- Photo gallery – Hatley St George church.
- St Mary’s, Gamlingay.
Hatley – East Hatley
St Denis’, East Hatley, is a redundant church set in a ‘live’ graveyard (under the auspices of the diocese).
Life, and death, are not without rules, hence… Churchyard regulations for graves – Diocese of Ely’s guide for families and next-of-kin.
The building is now owned by the Friends of Friendless Churches – until the FoFC is able to complete its restoration project, it is not normally open… however, if you’d like to look round, please ring keyholder Peter Mann on 01767 651 115 (social distancing rules apply, of course).
Gamlingay – St Mary’s
The church is usually open from 10.00 am to 5.00 pm every day. The space is available for prayer, meditation or to look around and enjoy the building – albeit with social distancing.
St Mary’s Church
Gamlingay – Baptist church
The church is open every Sunday from 10.00 to 10.30 am for a simple time of traditional hymns, readings and prayer. ‘This’, says its website, ‘is a time for those who prefer the more traditional hymns to come and lift your voices together.’ The main service starts at 10.45 am; communion is on the first Sunday of every month.
- The Backroom Café is open every Monday from 9.00 am to 3.00 pm for coffee, a variety of teas and cakes – all for free. The café also has free WiFi (good if you want to do some work!).
Gamlingay Baptist Church
Page created 25 January 2019 and updated on 27th September 2021. ▲