St Denis’ in the news
Press cuttings from our open days and evenings
Local press coverage of handing over St Denis’ church keys to the Friends of Friendless Churches by South Cambridgeshire District Council in July 2017 and the Heritage Open Days events:
- Cambridge Independent – 19th July 2017. Press story – Friends get to the door as redundant church is set for a new lease of community life.
- Cambridge News – 13th July 2017. Website story – Bats in discused Cambridgeshire church now have Friends – of Friendless Churches.
- Cambridge News – 26th July 2017. Press story – You’ve got a friend – charity ‘adopts’ disused church.
- Cambridge News – 9th September 2018. Website story – Medieval Cambridgeshire church hidden by ivy restored to former glory.
- Cambridge News – 9th September 2018. Website picture gallery – Before and after pictures show the restoration of abandoned Cambridgeshire church.
- Royston Crow – 21st June 2013. Website story – Vicar gives his blessing… to new lawnmower.
- Royston Crow – 1st August 2018. Website story – South Cambs ‘friendless’ church has more than 60 visitors at open day.
- Royston Crow – 19th September 2019. Website story – East Hatley church opens doors for Heritage Open Days event.
- BBC Radio Cambridgeshire interviews with Rachel Morley, Director Friends of Friendless Churches, and Margot Eagle, chairman at the time of Hatley Parish Council, prior to the St Denis’ open evening, 20th July 2018 and broadcast on 23rd July 2018. This is an ‘MP3’ sound file – the interviews start about 18 seconds in.
Post created 22nd January 2020.