We’re looking for a new Parish Clerk
Deadline: 4th August
Hatley Parish Council requires a part-time Parish Clerk / Responsible Financial Officer.
This varied post would suit someone interested in the local community and local government. They will have good communication, administrative and numeracy skills and will be able to use computer spreadsheets, email and office software.
Duties will include:
- Arranging and attending parish council meetings (minimum of five per year) and preparing agendas and minutes.
- Providing information to enable the council to make decisions then implementing the council’s decisions.
- Providing legal, procedural and administrative guidance to the council.
- Managing council finances and completing the Annual Return.
- Receiving and dealing with council correspondence and documents.
- Liaising with councillors, external bodies and the public.
- Preparing council policies and procedures.
- Circulating reports on the activities of the council.
- Managing the maintenance of areas of within the parish that the council is responsible for, to the Village Hall and play area.
- Handling booking enquiries, hall hire and associated financial transactions for the Village Hall.
The appointment is home based and is contracted to 20 hours per month.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with an employment contract for part time clerks and will depend on experience, using the National Joint Council for Local Government Services pay scale.
An applicant qualified with the Certificate in Local Council Administration (CiLCA) is preferable, however individuals who are willing to work towards this qualification will be considered.
Please contact the Parish Clerk, Kim Wilde, by email to email@example.com for an application form or for further details.
The closing date for applications is 4th August 2021 – interviews will be held during the evening of 9th/10th/11th August 2021.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, therefore applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Post created 21st July 2021.