Hatley Parish Council
To join the 14th July 2020 Ordinary Meeting
- It starts at 7.30 pm – here’s the agenda.
- Because of the coronavirus pandemic, the meeting will be held remotely using Zoom video technology.
- Password – see the comment below; note the cut-off time.
- Virtual Parish Council meetings and virtual meeting protocol.
For internet access please go to www.zoom.us and select the option ‘Join a meeting’.
For telephone access please call either of the following numbers:
0203 901 7895 or 0203 481 5240
Regardless of how you join, you will need this meeting ID 874 4251 9622.
It’s is available on request from the Parish Clerk until 6.00 pm on the day of the meeting via email@example.com.
It is recommended you join the meeting ‘waiting room’ just before 7.30 pm, when the meeting will start.
Hatley Parish Council is our most local authority – it’s the first tier of local government*.
It is responsible for making decisions relevant to the parish and also setting the annual precept (income in non-government speak).
It is also responsible for the playing area / equipment in Hatley St George, the village hall and the village speed monitoring sign. It has the first official say in any Hatley planning applications – they are routinely discussed at its meetings, as are our two churches and graveyards.
Its next meeting is on Tuesday, 14th July at 7.30 pm – it will be held remotely via Zoom. Here’s the agenda.
It organises an annual litter pick each March along the verges of the Croydon / Gamlingay road within the parish and is keen on making sensible enhancements for the village.
Fundraising for the village hall delegated to Hatley Village Association (HVA), which operates under the auspices of the Parish Council – the HVA also fundraises for the church and playing field in Hatley St George.
* The second tier of local government is South Cambs District Council, then Cambridgeshire County Council and, now at the top, the Combined Authority for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
Page created 19th July 2018; updated 13th July 2020.