Hatley Parish Council
Hatley Parish Council is our most local authority – it’s the first tier of local government*.
- Its next scheduled meeting is an Ordinary Meeting on Tuesday, 18th October at 7.30 pm in Hatley Village Hall.
- Do go! It is an opportunity to see the council in action, ask questions and meet your councillors – Micky Astor (chairman), Alan Pinney (vice-chairman), Carole Cooper and Harold Nickerson.
- Minutes of Ordinary and Annual Meetings.
- Another date for your diary: the next litter pick on 6th November.
It is also responsible for the playing area / equipment in Hatley St George, the village hall and the village speed monitoring sign. It has the first official say in any Hatley planning applications – they are routinely discussed at its meetings, as are our two churches and graveyards.
The Parish Council organises regular litter picks along the verges of the Croydon / Gamlingay road within the parish and is keen on making sensible enhancements for the village.
Fundraising for the village hall delegated to Hatley Village Association (HVA), which operates under the auspices of the Parish Council – the HVA also fundraises for the church and playing field in Hatley St George.
* The second tier of local government is South Cambs District Council, then Cambridgeshire County Council and, now at the top, the Combined Authority for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
Page created 19th July 2018; updated 1st August 2022.