Local places to go
- Cambridge – Things to do in Cambridge / Eventbrite.
- Cambridge – Cambridge events / Skiddle.
- Cambridge – Cambridge Live.
- Cambridge – Events in Cambridge / The List.
- Cambridge – Cambridge events / Google search.
- Cambridgeshire – Best things to do / Day Out With The Kids.
- Cambridgeshire – Best places to go / Let’s Go With The Children.
- University of Cambridge – Public events.
- Bedford – Bedford Borough Council.
- Bedfordshire – The Best of Bedford.
- Anglesey Abbey.
- Duxford Imperial War Museum.
- Shuttleworth Collection – the old planes at Old Warden and…
- … the Swiss Garden.
- Wimpole Hall.
- National Trust – other places near us.
National places to go
- Where can we go? – you can search for events in each county as well as by village, town or post code.
- Antique fairs – International Antiques & Collectors Fairs.
- Antique fairs – Antiques Atlas.
- Gardens – British Red Cross.
- Gardens – National Gardens Scheme.
- Gardens – Open Gardens directory.
- Historic England.
- Historic Houses.
- National Trust.
- National Trust for Scotland (less expensive to join than the NT – includes free entry into NT properties + excellent talks in Cambridge).
- Traffic England – up-to-date traffic information.
- Friends of Friendless Churches.
- Ancient Monuments Society – it also has an excellent ‘links’ page listing many other national amenity societies.
If you spot any broken links or have suggestions for links we should add, please do say by e-mailing Kim Wilde, Parish Clerk, and letting her know.
The picture at the top of the page, by the way, is of Ludlow, Shropshire.
‘This sceptred isle’? It’s from Shakespeare’s Richard II – here’s the whole speech (and a bit more).
Page checked / updated 21st July 2020.