Featured places to go
- Hemingford Grey (above) – The Manor, made famous by the Green Knowe books.
- Long Melford – Kentwell Hall.
- Stowmarket – Helmingham Hall Gardens.
Local places to go
- Bedford – Arts and culture / Bedford Borough Council.
- Bedford and beyond – Visit Bedford.
- Bedfordshire – The Best of Bedford.
- Cambridge – Cambridge events / Google search.
- Cambridge – Cambridge events / Skiddle.
- Cambridge – Cambridge Live.
- Cambridge – Events in Cambridge / The List.
- Cambridge – Things to do in Cambridge / Eventbrite.
- Cambridge – University of Cambridge / public events.
- Cambridge – Visit Cambridge.
- Cambridgeshire – Best things to do / Day Out With The Kids.
- Cambridgeshire – Best places to go / Let’s Go With The Children.
- Anglesey Abbey.
- Duxford Imperial War Museum.
- English Heritage – places near Hatley.
- Historic Houses – places near Hatley.
- National Trust – other places near Hatley.
- RSPB, Sandy Lodge
- Shuttleworth Collection – the old planes at Old Warden and…
- … the Swiss Garden.
- Wimpole Hall.
National places to go
- Antique fairs – International Antiques & Collectors Fairs.
- Antique fairs – Antiques Atlas.
- Gardens – British Red Cross.
- Gardens – National Gardens Scheme.
- Gardens – Open Gardens directory.
- English Heritage.
- Historic Houses.
- National Trust.
- National Trust for Scotland (less expensive to join than the NT – includes free entry into NT properties + excellent talks in Cambridge).
- RSPB – find a nature reserve.
- Where can we go? – you can search for events in each county as well as by village, town or post code.
- Wildlife Trust – find a nature reserve.
- Traffic England – up-to-date traffic information.
- Friends of Friendless Churches.
- Ancient Monuments Society – it also has an excellent ‘links’ page listing many other national amenity societies.
If you spot any broken links or have suggestions for links we should add, please do say by e-mailing Nicola Pearce, Parish Clerk, and letting her know.
- ‘This sceptred isle’? It’s from Shakespeare’s Richard II – here’s the whole speech.
Page checked / updated 8th October 2021.