Nurseries and pre-schools
All three and four year olds are entitled to 15 hours per week of free early years education for 38 weeks of the year. Some two year olds from families with low incomes are also entitled to free early years education.
A variety of setting can deliver early years education including nursery schools, day nurseries, pre-schools and some child-minders.
The best place to search for local providers:
- Cambridgeshire The Family Information Directory on the Cambridgeshire County Council’s website.
- Bedfordshire The Children and Young People pages of the Central Bedfordshire County Council website.
- Hertfordshire The Schools Admission and Transport pages of the Herts County Council website provide local information.
Primary and secondary schools
Hatley falls within the catchment area for Gamlingay Village Primary School – children can start their education there at the beginning of the school year in which they turn five.
Other local primary schools to consider are:
- Barnabas Oley Church of England Primary School, Great Gransden.
- Bassingbourn Community Primary School, Bassingbourn.
- Petersfield Church of England Aided Primary School, Orwell.
Cambridgeshire schools usually have linked ‘feeder’ schools – primary schools from which the majority of pupils come to the secondary school. Gamlingay Village Primary is the linked feeder school for Comberton Village College.
However, Cambridgeshire County Council’s website states attending a linked primary school will not guarantee your child a place at the secondary school – information on the linked schools of each primary and secondary school in Cambridgeshire as well as more information is available on the Schools search page of its website.
Other local secondary schools to consider:
Schooling – general
Information on all aspects of primary and secondary education can be found on the Find and compare schools section of the government’s website.
The County Council’s Youth Support Service offers help to all 11 – 19 year olds in Cambridgeshire.
Page checked and updated 27th February 2019. ▲