Hatley Village Hall – see photos below – is a clean, pleasant, functional and roomy community facility available for hire every day from 8.30 am to midnight on an hourly basis.
- 105m² (1130 ft²) of floor space – 14.37 x 7.31 m (47 x 24 ft).
- Can seat 85 – or 120 standing.
- Has good acoustics.
- For multi-purpose use, the floor is part carpet, part wood.
- An ideal space for meetings, discos, parties, exercise classes.
- A new kitchen and boiler.
- A large car park.
- Outdoor area for BBQs.
- Dedicated wheelchair entrance.
- New handrails by the front steps.
- We only rent to one user per session.
- Can be hired for any day of the week from 8.30 am to midnight.
The hall has been updated many times since it was built (in 1960), most recently with handrails along the front steps.
- The tables and chairs were renewed in 2014, a new kitchen and boiler were installed in March 2016, new internal doors fitted in 2019 and the fire escape signage renewed in 2020.
The french windows open on to a small garden area – great for barbecues in the summer.
- Hatley Village Hall is used for parish meetings, the annual village quiz, talks and the Hatley Christmas Tea – as well as private parties and wedding receptions. It is also the village polling station. A defibrillator, installed in 2019, is by the front entrance.
Hatley Village Association (HVA), on behalf of Hatley Parish Council, organises several events each year to help raise funds to maintain the interior of the hall – our What’s on page details all upcoming events.
Hatley Village Hall – address
Hatley Village Hall
1 Main Street
Hatley St George
Click on each photo for a larger version.
Hatley Village Hall – to view and hire
To view or access the Hall, please contact…
Hatley Parish Clerk
Tel 01767 650 640 / 07902 494 745
Hire of the Village Hall + booking form
The hall can be hired by Hatley residents and non-residents for functions such as parties, exhibitions and meetings – contact details above.
- Hire costs are £11.00 / hour – £8.50 / hour Hatley residents.
- £55.00 minimum charge for Friday and Saturday evenings.
- Commercial lettings: minimum booking fee – £100.00.
- Check availability of Hatley Village Hall.
- Book Hatley Village Hall.
Hatley Parish Council uses the hall for its meetings, usually on the third Tuesday of January, March, April, May, July and October.
Any issues regarding the hall are discussed at the Parish Council meetings
Page updated 20th September 2021