Hatley village hall – see photos below – is a clean, pleasant, functional and roomy community facility available for hire every day from 8.30 am to midnight on an hourly basis.
The building and facilities are well maintained – in the last ten years the kitchen, boiler, doors, windows and toilets have all been totally renewed / replaced as part of the continual on-going care and upgrading of the hall.
Click on each photo for a larger version.
The hall offers…
- 105m² (1130 ft²) of floor space – 14.37 x 7.31 m (47 x 24 ft).
- Can seat 85 – or 120 standing.
- Has good acoustics.
- For multi-purpose use, the floor is part carpet, part wood.
- An ideal space for meetings, discos, parties, exercise classes.
- Plenty of quality tables and chairs.
- A new kitchen and boiler.
- Three new toilets – including a loo for disabled users.
- Baby-changing unit.
- A large car park.
- Outdoor area for BBQs.
- Dedicated wheelchair entrance.
- New handrails by the front steps.
- We only rent to one user per session.
- Can be hired for any day of the week from 8.30 am to midnight.
The hall has been updated many times since it was built (in 1960), most recently with new toilets and, along the front steps, handrails.
- The tables and chairs were renewed in 2014, a new kitchen and boiler were installed in March 2016, new internal doors fitted in 2019 and the fire escape signage renewed in 2020.
- The entire toilet area was completely renewed, replumbed and retiled in spring 2022 – there are now two separate unisex loos and a large ‘wheelchair friendly’ loo (which also houses the baby-changing unit).
The french windows open on to a small garden area – great for barbecues in the summer.
- Hatley village hall is used for parish meetings, the annual village quiz, talks, pop-up pub nights (with a licensed bar) and the Hatley Christmas Shindig – as well as private parties and wedding receptions. It is also the village polling station. A defibrillator, installed in 2019, is by the front entrance.
Hatley Village Association (HVA), on behalf of Hatley Parish Council, organises several events each year to help raise funds to maintain the interior of the hall – our What’s on page details all upcoming events.
Hatley village hall – address
Hatley Village Hall
1 Main Street
Hatley St George
TL TL 28358 50851
Grid reference link
Plus code 4VRF+9J
What three words dwelled.clouding.headlight
Hatley village hall – to view and hire
To view, access or hire the Hall, please contact…
Kim Wilde, Hatley Parish Clerk
Tel 01767 650 596
Hire of the village hall + booking form
The hall can be hired by Hatley residents and non-residents for functions such as parties, exhibitions and meetings – contact details above. First, though…
- Hire costs are £12.00 / hour – £9.00 / hour Hatley residents.
- £55.00 minimum charge for Friday and Saturday evenings.
- Commercial lettings – £30.00 / first hour; thereafter £15.00 / hour.
- Check availability of Hatley Village Hall.
- Book Hatley Village Hall.
Hatley Parish Council uses the hall for its meetings, usually on the third Tuesday of January, March, April, May, July and October.
Any issues regarding the hall are discussed at the Parish Council meetings
Page updated 6th April 2023